Perc or perchloroethylene is the most common solvent used in dry-cleaning around the word. Therefore, to compliment the every growing demand Extox Industries Inc. has paired up with companies to successfully deliver Perc needs to dry-cleaners locally and international. This is accomplished by Extox’s unique closed loop delivery system, which allows dry-cleaners to attain the benefits of this great solvent while being ensured that allow safety precautions are met. Some incomparable advantages about Perc are listed below:
- Is virtually nonflammable. It has neither a flash point nor flammability limits. Since zoning ordinances and leasing agreements are usually less restrictive when using nonflammable solvents, there is greater flexibility in locating a plant.
- Readily dissolves virtually all organic stains, such as oils, greases, fats and waxes
- Is much heavier than water (its specific gravity is 1.619, while the specific gravity of water is 1.0); thus, it provides increased mechanical agitation during the wash cycle as solvent-laden clothes are lifted and fall in the drum (Figure 1)
- Can penetrate fibres to dissolve solvent-soluble soils rapidly, because of its low viscosity and low surface tension
- Evaporates quickly in moderate heat
- Can be recycled and reused repeatedly in a dry cleaning machine
- Is noncorrosive in dry cleaning machines when proper procedures are followed
- Does not affect the fabrics, dyes and trims that are common in the fashion industry
- Meets industry standards for high-quality, dry cleaning-grade, stabilized perchloroethylene
DF-2000™ is synthetic hydrocarbon fluid, an effective and environmentally friendly alternative to solvents such as perchloroethylene. Coupled with the proper equipment and specially designed additives and processes, DF-2000 delivers an excellent cleaning performance that’s safe for workers.
Alternative solvents have for some time been a good replacement for textile care in perchloroethylene. The further development of dry cleaning machine technology has increased the rang of the solvents that can be used in these machines. Intense is the latest development of SEITZ – a highly effective solvent for state-of-the-art textile cleaning.
Sensene is the new solvent for textile cleaning based on modified alcohols developed by SAFECHEM and Dow. SAFECHEM now introduces this innovation for high-quality textile cleaning to the North American market SENSENE convinces all senses with its excellent cleaning performance, its pleasant smell and great touch of the textiles, while cleaning in a gentle way. In terms of the environment and business sense, SENSENE sets new standards with is formulation well as with time and cost benefits.